Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Four-Color FAE: Supers Gaming via Fate Accelerated - pt9

When I get a moment, I plan to post up a recap of our first session which was devoted to character & setting creation. It was pretty awesome, and really set the scene for what everyone wanted to see at the table. 
In the interim, here is the character that I created to use when I hand over the GM reins: the teenaged 'cosmic' superhero Starseed.
  • See the whole Four-Color FAE series here 
***
Starseed

  • Aspects
High Concept: College freshman bound to an alien energy being
Trouble: I‘m supposed to help the world gain enlightenment...after I find it myself
Other Aspects: Heir to an infamous legacy; Two minds, one body
  • Approaches
+3 Forceful
+2 Clever, Quick
+1 Flashy, Careful
+0 Sneaky
  • Stunts
- When I use my Plasma Blasts, I gain +2 to Forcefully Attack opponents at range that lack force-shields or other features that defend against energy.
- I gain +2 to Create an Advantage when making Plasma Constructs with my power.
- The Power of the R’ Loh ever defends me. By paying a Fate Point, once per session I can reduce a physical consequence by one degree.
  • Refresh: 3
  • Stress: OOO
Consequences:
  • Mild (2):
  • Moderate (4):
  • Severe (6): 
Power Facts:
  • Able to generate plasma energy shields and fields
  • Plasma energy blasts
  • Flight
  • While encased in his energy field he gains life-support and can operate in hostile environments up to and including the vacuum and radiation of space.
  • The Starseed has millennia of wisdom to draw upon, provided that Brendan is willing to heed it.

Background/Personality:

Brendan Choi is a freshman of the UW School of Engineering bound to the mysterious 'Star-Seed'; an energy being from a race called the R'Loh that long ago advanced beyond the need for physical bodies.

The Star-Seed speaks to Brendan and guides him as well, telling him that he is among the few amongst his race dedicated to passing on the enlightenment attained by his people to the 'new' races of the universe.

Brendan is the second hero to be inhabited by a Starseed and to carry this name; the first was a certain Dale Smith, whose fate is uncertain along with that of the other members of the Enforcers.

Although burdened with a legacy and powers he neither asked for nor fully understands, Brendan is committed use his great powers responsibly; as long as it doesn't interfere too badly with his studies.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment